Terms of Admission
HEBDEN BRIDGE PICTURE HOUSE – TERMS OF ADMISSION
1. ‘You’ means everyone who purchases a ticket and everyone who visits Hebden Bridge Picture House whether or not they have purchased a ticket.
2. ‘Us’ or ‘We’ means Hebden Bridge Picture House (owned and operated by Hebden Royd Town Council).
3. ‘cinema’ means Hebden Bridge Picture House, New Road, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 8AD
1. These Terms of Admission, as may be from time to time amended (these ‘Terms’), set out the general terms which apply to you.
2. Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
3. Age Restrictions
1. Entry to films and events is restricted by the classification given by the British Board of Film Classification or others. We are required to refuse admission to anyone who is below the minimum age required by the relevant classification.
1.1. Anyone can be admitted to films classified as U or PG.
1.2. Children under 12 can be admitted to films classified as 12A but only if accompanied by an adult (i.e. someone over the age of 18).
1.3. Nobody under the age of 15 can be admitted to films classified as 15.
1.4. Nobody under the age of 18 can be admitted to films classified as 18.
2. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for all films starting at or after 7.00pm.
3. At all other times whether children are accompanied is at the sole discretion of the parent(s)/guardian(s) who shall at all times remain responsible for the child/children whether they are accompanied or not.
4. Babies under the age of one year can go into screenings providing that:
i. they sit on a lap for the entire screening (i.e. do not take up a seat); and
ii. they are removed from the auditorium should they cause disturbance to other customers; and
iii. the film is classified as U, PG or 12A.
5. Children under the age of three will be admitted without charge. Tickets must be purchased for everyone else.
6. Screenings advertised as ‘Parent and Baby screenings’ are only for parents/guardians and their babies under the age of one year. You will not be admitted without a baby.
7. We reserve the right to require you to prove your age with appropriate photographic ID if you are going to a 12A, 15 or 18 film or purchasing an alcoholic drink. If you are unable to prove your age you will be not be able to watch the film or buy an alcoholic drink. We reserve the right to ask for such proof at any time you are on our premises.
8. If you buy a ticket before we know the film’s classification and you are not old enough to be admitted to the screening, we will issue you with a full refund.
4. Buying Tickets
1. All tickets for the cinema (both films and ‘live arts’) need to be bought in advance online from our ticketing agent Ticketsource We have moved ticket sales online due to the need for us to provide groups of reserved seats which are physically distanced from other customer groups. This will be the case for the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic. This means cinema capacity is greatly reduced and we need to sell seats ‘off plan’, which is not possible to do when selling tickets on the door, using our current Automaticket machine. Accordingly, for the time being, there will be no box office within the cinema, as we do not have a computerised and online box office system of our own yet. If you wish to attend the cinema please ensure you book your tickets in good time.
2. Tickets can be bought online from our agent TicketSource any time at www.ticketsource.co.uk/hbpicturehouse. If you cannot access the online box office Ticketsource operate a telephone box office via: 0333 666 3366. This is available Monday to Friday, 9.00AM to 5.00PM (excluding bank holidays). A telephone service fee of £1.75 applies to all completed telephone bookings in addition to the standard booking fee of 7.5% of the ticket face value.
3. We sell the stalls (downstairs) seats first, and then open the balcony upstairs if the need arises.
4. Seats are all now all reserved (labelled by row letter and seat number). The seats which are not on sale will not be available for use, in order to allow groups to be physically distanced from one another. Please sit only in your allocated seats to ensure the safety of you and your party and of our other customers.
5. Seats have been grouped into ‘blocks’ of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 seats adjacent to each other, and all seating blocks are around 2 metres away from the next seating block. Seats around a seating block are not available for sale.
6. Please select a block of seats the same size as your group size wherever possible, to ensure we can sell as many seats as possible (since we are operating at around 25% capacity).
7. QR codes are now in use. You don’t need to print your e-ticket out if you have a smart phone. We will electronically scan your booking QR code from your phone screen or a print out – this involves no physical contact with staff.
8. Please join the cinema queue with all other members of your group. Meet at an outside location and enter the cinema together, present your QR code (one code covers your entire booking) to the Duty Manager at the door to the auditorium.
9. Latecomers will be admitted up to 15 minutes after the film / live arts broadcast start time. If in a group please ensure the group all enters as one group.
10. Other things to note for your visit to the cinema include the new requirement to wear a face covering within the cinema at all times, apart from when consuming products bought from the kiosk, which can only be done in your cinema seat. Please observe physical distancing within the cinema. Sanitise your hands on arrival, before and after eating or drinking and after visiting the bathroom. Please remove all of your rubbish and recycling at the end of the screening (bins and recycling points are provided) and exit through the fire exits (in the stalls, either side of the screen, and in the balcony at the back – opposite side to the entrance stairs).
11. If you are feeling unwell, please don’t visit us. Please request a refund by emailing email@example.com at the latest by 9am on the day of screening, giving your name and booking reference. Please note booking fees are retained by Ticketsource and will not form part of the refunded amount – it is the face value of the ticket only that can be refunded. Refund requests made after 9am on the day of the screening are at the venue’s discretion.
5. Food and Drink
1. Only food and drink purchased at the cinema may be consumed within the cinema. The exception to this rule is drinking water which you are welcome to bring with you in a bottle. We offer tap water refills at the kiosk.
2. You must now only consume food while you are sitting in your seat in the auditorium. You can remove your face covering to eat and drink. Please then put your face covering back on for the rest of the film.
3. No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the cinema building.
4. You must observe the licensing regulations at the cinema concerning the sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks. In particular, you must not take glass into the auditorium or bring your own alcohol onto the premises.
5. You must not smoke inside our premises. E-cigarettes may not be used on the premises.
1. The free tickets issued to Members as part of the Picture This Membership scheme can only be used for films and not for premium-priced events (unless otherwise notified).
2. Mobile phones must be switched off or in silent mode before you enter the auditorium. You must not use phones inside the auditorium during the screening.
3. To avoid disturbing customers who arrive on time, customers arriving after the film / event has started may be refused admission to the performance. Refunds will not be issued by us in these circumstances.
4. Customers are asked to keep their children seated, whether on a lap, a cinema seat or using one of the provided booster seats. For the safety and enjoyment of other customers, customers are asked to prevent their children from moving around the auditorium during a screening.
5. Parents / guardians should be prepared to leave the auditorium with their child(ren) should they be causing a disturbance to other customers.
6. You must adhere with any health and safety procedures or instructions that are in place and notified to you by our staff or by notices.
7. It is a serious criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy any film or other copyright material exhibited in any part of the cinema, punishable on conviction with an unlimited fine and imprisonment of up to a maximum of ten years. You are not permitted to bring cameras and/or recording equipment of any kind into the cinema.
8. As a courtesy to your fellow audience members, and to prevent film theft, we ask that customers do not enter any cinema auditorium using any ‘wearable technology’ capable of recording images. Any customer found wearing such technology will be asked to remove it and may be asked to leave the cinema.
9. We endeavour to show films in accordance with the programme that we advertise. However, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to comply with the advertised programme and in such cases our liability to you is limited to a full refund of the tickets purchased. We are unable to take responsibility for programme information advertised by third parties.
10. Tickets bought in advance cannot be refunded except in accordance with paragraph 4.11 above.
11. We reserve the right to ask for proof of status for concessionary tickets at any time that you are on our premises.
12. You must not purchase tickets except for personal use and you represent and warrant that tickets are not purchased as part of any form of a for-profit business or commercial activity unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing.
13. We accept no responsibility for any personal property that is brought to a cinema.
14. You must comply with the conditions on our Licences as notified to you by our staff or by notices.
7. Refusal of Admission
We reserve the right to refuse admission or require you to leave the premises without a refund if you behave in an anti-social or threatening manner; or put the safety of our customers, our employees or our property at risk; or
bring a camera or recording equipment of any kind into the cinema; or otherwise breach these Terms.
8. Customer Services
Should you wish to contact us, please write to Manager, Hebden Bridge Picture House, New Road, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 8AD.
1. The Terms in this section 9 (“Website Terms”) set out the legally binding terms which apply to everyone who accesses or uses the Website. By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound by these Website Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these Website Terms you must leave the Website immediately, or not enter it at all.
2. The Website is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error-free. In addition, we reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of the Website without notice and without liability.
3. The Website and the materials on it are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world. The materials on the Website are owned by or licensed to us and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our consent. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purposes is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights.
4. The Website contains links to other websites which are not controlled by us. The fact that we may provide a link to any such website does not mean that we endorse that website. Such links are only provided for your convenience and you access them at your own risk.
1. This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England. Any action you or we bring to enforce this agreement shall only be brought in the courts of England and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.